Thursday, September 25, 2014

Appreciating the Little Things

Lyme is so weird, yesterday I felt sick but tried to push myself, and it just made me way worse. Today I felt sick, but pushed myself and felt better. You just never know what a day is going to bring. So hard to make plans or keep plans when you just don't know. Today my boyfriend and I  just went on a drive around our town and stopped at our favorite places.

If there is anything I can say about Lyme, is that it has taught me to appreciate all the little things in life, like going for a drive, sitting by your favorite stream, being able to hold your grandchild for more then five minutes. All these things I used to take for granted, now every little thing I do is appreciated.


Here are some of those things that I maybe would of taken for granted before but now, these little moments are the big ones.

When I was away out East, my daughter's boyfriend proposed to her by writing, "Will You Marry Me" on the walls with graffiti, so I wanted to see it with my own eyes.










Fall leaves changing colors.




Being Able to Go on Walks and Spend time in Nature




Spending Time with my Kids and Grandaughter







Cuddling with my Pets



And Boyfriend...





and Meeting Lyme Friends for the First Time...



and Spending Time with my Old Friends...




and Family




Seeing all Raya's Firsts


On most days it's the most basic things like being able to stand or shower or a cook a meal that mean so much.

Working on anything Creative




Being Able to Help Someone Else
<3



1 comment:

  1. I had not forgotten about the little things, every little side track from routine ,anything out of the ordinary that's not to much of a hassle. Stepping outside the door of the pain and misery, to just carry on through the good, through the bad, every day is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete