Monday, January 5, 2015

On Feeling Isolated


I have noticed since getting sick, that I tend to isolate myself. Not online obviously but in real life. I could just stay in my apartment and never leave. When I do go out, because I do like nature, I go find trails or water and sit by myself. I tend to prefer being alone then to be with other people. Or if I go with someone else, it will be my "comfort people" to my "comfort locations." Comfort people are people who are around me a lot and understand my symptom wierdness cuz of Lyme.
Going somewhere new, or meeting new people gives me severe anxiety.
I think that Lyme made me this way because I used to be very social. Now it is hard to shower, to do my hair, forget makeup. Talking and conversation bring about neuro symptoms, like ear ringing, head pressure, neck pressure, and just trying to keep up with a conversation is hard since my attention span is zilch.
I need quiet. Sound annoys me. I used to love music, now I can't handle it. A quiet tv on in the background playing some calm show is ok as it covers up the Tinnitis. But anything loud music or screaming or any loudness, I can't handle it and get panic attacks.
What scares me is I don't mind it. I have learned to like being alone. It is easier for me. No overstimulation, no loud noise, I can control lights and smells. If I feel weird I can lay down quickly. I can be in comfy cloths and wear yoga pants all day with no judgement. It's easier to be sick alone for me. I can shake and tremor and cry and swear, and hide under my blankets. No judgement from anyone else, no putting pressure on anyone else to understand. Just me and my sickness all alone.
Anyone else feel this way? Why would a disease make you want to be isolated?
I have noticed not all lymies are like this. I have noticed a big scale, from " completely liking being alone" to "needy as hell." So I know we are all different. But I just wanted to start this conversation to hear how others feel.




5 comments:

  1. This disease is a war from within. I myself have battled the enemy for years. However you can gain some ground and start to go uphill. Its not easy but truly possible. During my battle I had taken antibiotics by I.V. twice a day for 18 months. I became bedridden for over a year. At some point I knew in my heart that I would win this battle but I needed to do something more to assist in my healing. I started to think outside the box. I listened to free YouTube audio books on the power of the mind. How your thoughts become things and the great power we all have within ourselves to change. I researched information about healing tones ( music ) and vibration. Meditation and visualization exercises became part of my day. I turned to alternative methods of healing. Our brain is like a computer. If you program it to do something... the body reacts. There are several scientific study websites that validate this information. It takes time but that is what we all have an abundance of when Lyme disease keeps us hidden from the rest of the world. I to felt very isolated from everyone and everything. You CAN change your reality. It starts by wanting to at least try. We get to a point where we feel there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel. So we stay in the tunnel because its familiar and safe. You kind of get use to being sick and stay there. Its a choice you have to make on your own and stick with it. At least try it. There's nothing to loose and more to gain by just trying it! It has worked for me. It can work for anyone who wants to think outside of that box. I am now an advocate for others with Lyme. I understand and know the feelings of what it does to the body. I relate to what I hear from other people when they talk to me. Not like those who just give advise but never felt the disease. If people stay in the " I'll never get better" mode... they won't! Change your thinking and you'll change your health. Positive not negative is a major key to unlocking what you can do to heal. Its a journey to explore if you really want your health back. I want to write a book about what I've come to know. Does anyone feel inspired enough to help get this down on paper? Hey I might have a number one seller! Seriously though, please look into what I've said here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick of people saying that sick people aren't trying if they aren't doing exactly what they're doing or have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me when I say that I'm in no way trying to criticize or provoke anger in anything I've posted. My intentions are to help others find help as I did. I'm sure that if you had something work for you to share with fellow sufferers you would do so. Western medicine doesn't have much to offer for treatment. Many people are finding success with alternative ways to heal or deal with this disease.

      Delete
  3. I got diagnose of herpes virus last year, and i was taking some drugs prescribed for me by my family doc the drugs could not work and the herpes in my system was very terrifying that i was so depressed the good news is that i never gave up in searching for natural cure for herpes virus ,cause i believe so much in herbal medication.. One faithful morning i read a comment from a lady called Destiny Hudson on how she was cured with natural herbs made by DR.OYAGU from somewhere is West Africa, i immediately copied out his contact email via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com and explain all my herpes problem to him via his email. the big truth is that it took just two week for his herbal medication to cure me completely without side affect. Till date am herpes virus free and all thanks to Dr OYAGU for his good deeds for me, Once again am very happy to share this great testimony of DR OYAGU cure hurry up now and contact him via his email address (oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com Call & WhatsApp him on (+2348101755322 ) and see what he can do

    ReplyDelete